YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Using my Masters in Counseling, personal experience, and the power of God I hope to equip individuals with the tools for victory over a troubled marriage.

This is a safe place to go incognito to find light in a dark hour.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You never thought this would happen when you said, "I do".

You never thought you would be here when you said, "I Do". Now you're saying I "Don't" or maybe your a bit more passionate and saying NO MORE! Either way the dagger has been laid to your heart and you have been through pain unthinkable.  You probably have the complete right to close the door, shut it tight, nail  2X4's across it, brick it over, and put monster glue in any small crack you find. Yea! How does that sound?  It may feel safe, but in actually it is what 50% to 60% of  people do in troubled marriages. It is completely understandable. Most spouses feel helpless and are exausted trying to change themselves and are hopeless about their spouses changing. The problem seems completely impossible and overwhelming.

I was completely there, 13 years ago. But God crashed my world and asked me if I could leave a crack in the door for God to be able to work. I have found complete evidence, that God is real and loves me. He is the God of miracles. Yet he is a gentleman and will not move beyound our free will.  I have to tell you I did not jump at a quick yes, to His question about leaving a crack in the door. I was very happy with forever lock down and divorce. Honestly, I was Not happy but felt it was the only choice and I was tired, hurt, and hopless. I WAITED.  I PRAYED. I PONDERD.  If God asked you to leave a crack for his power to do the impossible in your marriage, would you ponder over questions like these?

1. How can I go back if he/she is still doing the same things?
2. How could I ever trust them again?
3. I'm tired and just want to be done with it.
4. I want to find someone who will really respect or treasure me, I deserve it.
5. I don't love them anymore and can't stand the sight of them.
6. It was a mistake in the first place and we should have never gotten married.
7. We have grown apart and don't have same things in common.
8. Biblically I have the right to divorce them adulterous affairs.

Would love to hear your specific questions. These are all fair and reasonable thoughts. Fair and reasonable will get you the status "crow" divorced, heartache, baggage, and will pass these curses and hurts onto your children. Maybe you don't have children yet? We did not at our separation but we have Ashley and Jacob now. Where would they be if I had not followed God in faith?

I am hoping to inspire you to believe in the impossible, like I did 13 years ago. I decided to let God work. I decided to believe in radical faith that my marriage could be restored. I decided I did not want to lose my husband, like I lost my dad to divorce. I wanted a break through in my life for me and my future generations. I also did not want my husband to be destroyed by the things he was entangling himself in. I said yes to God. I picked up my sword, the word of God. I prayed and I followed the path God laid out for me. I knew I could not change my spouse, but could only change me.  I knew if I followed my loving God he would direct my paths.   It was a step by step process. My first Baby step was seeing a Christian Counselor. Nothing changed with my husband for quite a while. He was not interested in me or the marrige. Yet a God of miracles stepped in and everything changed. NOW 23 years of marriage I am forever changed, my husband is not the same man. We divorced our old marriage and started a new one with the same spouse. We are in love and enjoying each other most days, lol.

I write this to you today help you realize you can change everything if you will allow God to change you and if you will pick up your sword YOU CAN refuse status "crow". It is what God is waiting for....say yes and pick up your sword and fight for yourself and your temporarily insane spouse. Fight for your future generations.

You know you want to pick up that sword....do it in FAITH.




God had taken my weakness, a destroyed marriage, and made it my greatest strength. Now I help others find the way. Only a Real God of Power could do that.

Mimwrite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to encourage anyone reading this to take the step to get a Christian Counselor.My husband did NOT have an affair, but 6 of the 8 questions listed in this posted were relevant to me about the time of our 30th wedding anniversary(2 1/2 yrs ago). With the help of the counselor in this blog,my marriage has improved.It is still a long way from what I thought it would be like when I said "I do," but making progress and I have more of a vision of believing God's plan for our marriage will eventually happen.Thanks Melissa for these posts.I needed them tonight.It was a divine appt.Lynn