YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Using my Masters in Counseling, personal experience, and the power of God I hope to equip individuals with the tools for victory over a troubled marriage.

This is a safe place to go incognito to find light in a dark hour.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Turn off your thinker, and turn on your blinker to follow God

CROSSROADS
Turn off your Thinker and Turn on Your Blinker

Over my life I have been learning how to walk under God's anointing, for my family, my world, and myself. Kenneth Copeland defines anointing, described in the Bible, as "God on flesh doing those things that flesh cannot do." It is God doing those things only He can do, and doing them through a flesh-and-blood, earthly vessel. His Children.

Many times I have been able to move out into boldness in others lives when I feel God is calling me to do so. But this is scary because "others" can judge you as a complete nutcase! But I have gotten to the place of doing it anyway. I have found time and time again, that when you obey God miracles and fun "stuff" happens.

The other day I found myself with some extra time, I don't know how that happened? I got on Facebook and found myself on someone else's wall, which I rarely do. Something sparked my interest. I had no idea who this person was but they were sharing a dream they had the night before.  God told me to interpret the dream. I did. I did not mention God, just gave what I felt God wanted her to know. Bravely, My fingers started typing the interpretation God gave me…

Someone is going to come into your life to help you get to the next place you are supposed to go. It will be out of the blue and you will not be prepared to go but it is your destiny. The people that surround you now are unable to help you get there. They may keep you from going backwards but they can't take you somewhere they have not been. If this hits you deep, you know it may be truth. If not just erase my post. Honestly I have no idea how I got here. ? Sweet dreams. You are a treasure.

To my excitement they responded rather quickly:  
Melissa that does hit deep and makes sense. I think the realization that I will be leaving family and friends in order to live my destiny is sinking in. I feel God shifting gears on me. I think he is bringing me closer to my destiny. Thank you!!”
August 23 3:30pm  via mobile · Unlike · 2

This was something God wanted her to know and due to my boldness and obedience, she got an encouraging confirming word.

I did not know about  “The Domino Effect” back then but I was playing Kingdom Domino’s and that was my ripple for the day.

Because I wrote on their post, I was 10 minutes late leaving to pick my kids up for school. I always take I-4 but God spoke to me in my spirit and said, "As a confirmation, I want you to take 17/92 and I will make all the red lights green, to let you know you do hear from me and I want you to continue to be bold."

Logically, I-4 was going to be faster, I knew there were probably 9 or more red lights on 17/92. But I chose to BELIEVE. I turned off my LOGICAL THINKING AND ACTED IN FAITH. As I turned GOD’S WAY onto 17/92 I pushed the pedal
to the medal and FELT THE POWER of my sweet Mini Cooper hugging the road.

First light… GREEN, then God said, "Don't stress. It will not happen in your power. You are under the anointing and you can go as fast or slow as you want, you are under the radar and no one can see you." I chose to go fast.

Initially, I felt like God gave me permission to be like Charlize Theron in the movie, “The Italian Job”, where they did some crazy driving with Mini Coopers in Italy.

  

I pressed my sport mode button and started shifting gears. Yes, I took a little liberty, but I have to say I did feel His invincible power under this anointing. In actuality, I should have been thinking on 2nd Corinthians 4:7 where it says: But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, “that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.”

About a mile into my “Italian Job” driving I did slip back into the legal speed limit. Every light I reached was a strong GREEN.

I was amazed. Through the distance I could see GREEN blaring on the 9th light of my 17/92 stretch.  God told me to speed up and jump in front of this truck, when I did the light was green and gave me a green arrow to turn. Cool confirmation. I made the right turn onto Lee road; I was still about 3 miles from my kid’s school. My smile turned upside down when I saw RED.

I gasped, “What? I thought you said all green lights, was that just for 17/92?”
God showed me that I was to stop here and look at the cross roads, I -4 crossed over me just ahead. It was my old way of going to the kid’s school. God told me I had to stop at the cross road to make a decision. He asked me,  “Did I want to go my old way of I-4 or did I want to listen to him and take his road even when it did not make good sense?”  It was my choice. He was giving me an “In Season” Kingdom dynamic. He was giving me an option to choose to live a stress free life and enjoy the ride under His anointing. The CROSSROADS gave me two choices: to believe Him and take the new roads he would show me and rely on His anointing or settle for my own logical ways of living life.  I knew if I chose the latter I would be choosing to be stagnant.

He invited me to do life like they do it in His Kingdom. His kingdom’s economy runs on Faith.  My heart I accepted His way.

I arrived at my kids school TWO MINUTES EARLIER, than if I have left on time.


KINGDOM DOMINO’S CHALLENGE: He is giving you the GREEN LIGHT so…turn off your thinker, and turn on your blinker to follow God.

ETERNAL WORDS:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. 1st Corinthians 3:18

For the Kingdom of God is not in word but in power.1st Corinthians 4:20

For we walk by faith not by sight. 2nd Corinthians 5:7

…while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things that are not seen are eternal. 2nd Corinthians 4:18


YOUR MOVE: God I ask you to help me to be bold and make room for the demonstration of your Spirit and power when I speak today. Remind me to put on my Eternal Ray Bans so I can see how to join in the plans of your invisible kingdom. Turn up my Heavenly hearing aids and give me confidence to follow your leading.

Daily Ripple: LISTEN. BELIEVE. BE BOLD. 

      This is an excerpt from “The Domino Effect” the book being written by Melissa Clark, M.A.,  
       F.A.C.C.T. License, and R.M. Cuthbert.                                   

      Want to play Kingdom Domino’s and make a difference in the world?
      Start by Connecting with us at www.InSeason15.wordpress.com
      Do the Daily Ripple by commenting on our blog how this story impacted you and ask God

      if he would like you to share it with anyone? Listen. Believe. Be Bold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,I haven't thought about your blog in a long time.I was literally up late clearing out bookmarks on my computer, and came across your blog.When I did, I had to stop and read it.I love the story.I didn't question why it was on a blog about marriage, but your explanation was wonderful.I am realizing much of what I have tried to apply to other areas of life, I have begun to apply to our marriage and with God's direction & your help it is getting better.Today was challenging,but handled better than previous challenges by both my husband and myself.Lynn T.